Interview with Congruity CEO Justin Davis

If you try on a pair of shoes and they don’t fit, you don’t get mad at the shoes. You just buy a bigger, more comfortable pair

https://bit.ly/3gXMXxN
If you try on a pair of shoes and they don’t fit, you don’t get mad at the shoes. You just buy a bigger, more comfortable pair.⁠⁠
⁠⁠
Let me tell you a story about me…⁠⁠
⁠⁠
Since achieving remission from UC (ulcerative colitis) I’ve gained about 10-15 pounds.⁠⁠
⁠⁠
Even though I’m eating well.⁠⁠
Even though I’m moving well.⁠⁠
Even though I’m sleeping, managing stress, and doing all the right things well.⁠⁠
⁠⁠
At first, I was kind of bummed especially because some of my clothes didn’t fit… specifically, ALL of my favorite shorts from last summer.⁠⁠
⁠⁠
I was upset with my body because my clothing didn’t fit!⁠⁠
⁠⁠
I thought about doing a ‘cut’ to lose some of the weight and get back into those shorts, but then decided that it really wasn’t a great time with summer social events and vacations coming up.⁠⁠
⁠⁠
Instead, I switched my thinking.⁠⁠
⁠⁠
I’m so grateful for my health. I really, truly am!⁠⁠
⁠⁠
It’s crazy to think that I was upset with my body because I am doing SO MUCH BETTER than I was earlier this year. ⁠⁠
⁠⁠
How could I be upset with my body when it is thriving, healthy, and strong?!?⁠⁠
⁠⁠
Because my shorts didn’t fit?⁠⁠
⁠⁠
Maybe my body feels safer at this weight. If that’s the case, I’m fine with it.⁠⁠
⁠⁠
So, I went out and bought 7 new pairs of shorts that are comfortable!⁠⁠
⁠⁠
If we’re so quick to grab a bigger pair of shoes, why can’t we do the same for our wardrobe?⁠⁠
⁠⁠
I challenge you to switch your thinking and enjoy where you are right now.⁠⁠
⁠⁠
Enjoy your health and happiness. You can always buy new shorts!⁠⁠
⁠⁠



from Verdure https://bit.ly/3wqNU76

Comments