Interview with Congruity CEO Justin Davis

“You can’t stop the rain, but you can close the windows.”⁠⁠

https://bit.ly/3nBhtzd
“You can’t stop the rain, but you can close the windows.”⁠⁠
⁠⁠
There are some things that are completely and totally out of your control.⁠⁠
⁠⁠
The weather, the slow driver in front of you, the line at the DMV…⁠⁠
⁠⁠
But what is within your control?⁠⁠
⁠⁠
Your response to these uncontrollable things.⁠⁠
⁠⁠
For me, it’s my Ulcerative Colitis and chronic illness/autoimmune disease.⁠⁠
⁠⁠
Like with other autoimmune diseases and chronic illnesses, I can’t necessarily control having them and sometimes, despite doing all the ‘right’ things, I can’t even control the symptoms or flare ups but what I can control is my response to it.⁠⁠
⁠⁠
I can choose to let it get me down, make me angry, cause me to feel sorry for myself, and make me isolate myself from others, or I can choose to learn as much as I can, follow the recommended protocols, take care of myself, love my family and friends, and advocate for myself and others like me who need a voice.⁠⁠
⁠⁠
I can’t stop the rain, but I can close the windows.⁠⁠
⁠⁠
I can choose happiness, I can choose positivity, I can choose to do what I can to keep myself healthy and sane.⁠⁠
⁠⁠
Everyday.⁠⁠
⁠⁠
If you’re facing an uphill battle, know that you have more control than you think you do.⁠⁠
⁠⁠
Get informed.⁠⁠
Follow sound advice.⁠⁠
Care for your body.⁠⁠
⁠⁠
You can’t stop the rain, but you can close the windows.⁠⁠#ulcerativecolitis #ibdvisible #ibdawareness #ibdwarrior

The post “You can’t stop the rain, but you can close the windows.”⁠⁠ appeared first on Carrots 'N' Cake.




from Verdure https://bit.ly/3fhkVNt

Comments