Interview with Congruity CEO Justin Davis

Kath’s Favorite Things

http://bit.ly/2Y0qoNU

Instead of making a gift guide of things I am coveting this Black Friday, I thought I’d make a list of my favorite things, Oprah style! This is a list of things that I love and use on nearly a daily basis OR things that I have and would make a great gift. A bonus section for the kids at the end!

Gifts For Home

Sonos – A Sonos with Alexa speaker (or three) would make a really great dude gift! Thomas really wanted them and I resisted for SO LONG. I said they were too expensive and we didn’t listen to music enough. Well it was a catch 22 because we listen to music a lot more since getting them. We have three total – two downstairs and one upstairs. And we’re adding one for the porch when it’s time. We have the Alexa enabled one, which has been SO nice for our main floor. Yes it’s a little annoying to have to use the Sonos app, but once you have your favorites starred and whatever subscription you have (we have an Apple Music monthly subscription) they work so well.

Winc – aka how I do wine. Love this wine club! It would make a great gift. They have everything from classics to funny bottles to cans of rose and sparkling. Get $22 off with my link!

Yeti MugThis mug is not tippy, dishwasher safe, keeps coffee super warm. Couldn’t live without it! A great gift for a coffee lover.

Alexa plugs – We have five of these plugs in our house and they are SO convenient! All of our main lights are voice controlled so when we walk in a room we can say “Alexa lights on” and they all turn on. Since we don’t have overhead lights in those rooms and have 2-3 lamps, it’s so much better than turning them all on by hand, especially since I have a baby in my arms a lot of the time!

The Candle LabThese candles are awesome and I have one on each floor of my house. Great for gifting, and they have gift cards too. Favorite scents: First Snow, Bamboo, Wasabi.

Dyson – I know I mention this cordless vacuum a few times a year, but it’s always on my favorite things list because I use it so often. The Animal Absolute is by far better than the V6 I used to have. You get what you pay for! I love that it has both hardwood and carpet attachments. I don’t own a regular corded vacuum!

Personal ArtBruna Mebs has done paintings of Mazen, my parents’ house, and Gus. They make such beautiful, personal gifts!

Airpods – Airpods have exceeded expectations. Why did I wait so long to get them? Because I didn’t know how seamlessly they integrate with my Apple products. You can just pull one out to pause or put them in and they magically sync. Everyone who loves Apple should have them! I have this little case to keep them from getting lost.

Gifts To Wear

Colorful Koala LeggingsThese are my new favorite everyday leggings. They are thick and compressiony, yet totally flex for wearing under tunics or dresses. The 7/8 are the perfect length for my legs, and the pocket is the BEST – especially if I’m wearing a top without a pocket.

Lulu Define Zip Pocket JacketThis jacket (and variations of it) are my staple to wear to the gym. The zip pockets hold my phone, Airpods, and keys. The having a zipper down the front (instead of a pullover) means it’s easy to take on and off at the beginning and end of each workout.

Athleta joggers – I thought leggings were the Most Comfortable Clothing Ever – until I found these joggers! The pockets + the style give them an edge. LIVE in mine!

Mandarin Violet – Wearing this hand cream and body butter all the time! It’s also in the lip gloss vault. I really hope they continue the scent out of holiday and into the everyday lines! This tinted balm follows me around at all times (when there isn’t a Butterscotch Jellie in there!). The untinted version lives on my night stand and I put it on at bedtime each night. PS. Everything Beautycounter is 15% off with free shipping until Sunday!! 

Rothy’s – You’ve probably seen Rothy’s all over now. Perhaps you have a pair or two. I bought them early on and they’re the only shoes I’ve gotten compliments on in airports! I have the rounded toe in gray and the point in a bright blue. While I love all the details and patterns they have come out with, what I really want next are classic black in the rounded toe. I prefer the round to the point because I have wide feet. They can get a little stinky, but I came up with a good cleaning routine that I do twice a year or so. Get $20 off with my link!

Lou + Gray pants – The softest, coziest lounge pants ever made. I wear them first thing in the mornings (since I sleep in PJ shorts) and in the evenings after taking off my “daytime” clothes.

Allbirds Runners – I bought these on a whim and am SO GLAD I did. The reason I love them so much is because you truly don’t have to wear socks with them. They are as soft as socks and as comfortable as tennis shoes. I love that I don’t have to tie them each time I put them on either – just slip on over the bare foot and out the door. I haven’t washed mine yet, but I will probably need to soon, and I’m so glad that’s an option! Love that the company is a B corp!

Apple Watch – Honorable mention shout out to my watch because it’s literally a part of my body and I can’t imagine life without it. It keeps me efficient with my inbox (because I can archive on a whim), working out hard, organized with lists and reminders, and in touch via text.

Gifts For Kids

Fit Watch – Mazen loves his Garmin Vivofit watch. So much so that we’re getting him the Verizon Gizmo for Christmas. The Vivofit can track steps, chores, time, timers, date. He loves it. The Gizmo adds simple text and calls from a speed dial list. Now that he can read, I can’t wait to text him!

Baby Shark Book – Nona bought this book for Birch’s birthday and he LOVES it! If you have a baby in your life, this book is a fun gift. The songs might drive some parents crazy, but we all love singing them together. They’re super catchy. Naturally the Christmas themed track is the best 🙂

What are you shopping for today?

On my Black Friday / Cyber Monday watch list:

  • An Away Suitcase
  • A snowsuit for Birch
  • A family portrait canvas deal
  • Pants/joggers for Mazen
  • Men’s Lululemon deals for Thomas (shhhh!)

The post Kath’s Favorite Things appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.




from Verdure http://bit.ly/35MCrAW

Comments