Interview with Congruity CEO Justin Davis

Christmas Week Food Highlights

http://bit.ly/2TdOhOg

Hi guys! Now that I’ve shared some of our holiday week fitness adventures (so far!), I wanted to pop back in with some food highlights from the week. We’ve been eating well this week at Matt’s parent’s house in Pittsburgh area – here are some pictures of the delicious meals we’ve been treated to since arriving in town!

frittata with tomato slices

First up: a delicious breakfast frittata! Plus some salad, sausage, and grapefruit. I was craving some greens so I offered to make a big side salad for everyone to share.

healthy brunch

Our first night here we had my fave, cedar plank salmon! The one on the left was a maple mustard salmon, the right was sriracha! Both delish.

cedar plank salmon

Enjoyed with brown rice and bok choy for an Asian theme.

asian cedar plank salmon

Next up: lasagna night with some salad. We had a meat and a veggie lasagna option – a little of both for me, please! Plus a beautiful tablescape c/o my mother in law.

lasagna with salad

More pasta another night – we had a big pasta dinner party with some family friends, and Matt’s dad made 4 different sauce options – a clam sauce, a turkey bolognese, a marinara sauce, and meatballs! I had a little of them all, plus garlic bread and salad!

pasta night

The appetizer game for pasta night was on point, too.

antipasta platter

Another night we had some honey baked ham with sweet potatoes and asparagus! The asparagus was amazing – it was roasted with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper, and then topped with parmesan. Definitely going to make our asparagus like this from now on!

I haven’t remembered to get photos of the desserts, but we’ve had ice cream and cake a couple nights, and on pasta night we had creme brulee!

homemade creme brulee

We’ve had just a couple meals out since being here – one was a breakfast after pilates with the girls – we hit up a cute cafe in Sewickley called Mediterra (thanks to Jess for the recommendation!). I started with a matcha latte – isn’t it gorgeous?

green tea matcha latte

And then I had the smoked salmon toast with a yogurt spread, capers, cucumbers, radishes, and some greens. Def recreating this at home.

mediterra sewickley

Matt and I also took Riese out to lunch one day in the town of Sewickley at a cute spot called Najat’s Cuisine Authentic Lebanese. It was really good – we all shared a vegetarian sampler platter.

lebanese sewickley

And lastly, I have hit up our fave Adesso cafe a few times for snack balls and lattes. :)

adesso cafe

One last bit of important commentary – who else doesn’t feel like it’s the holiday season until they have watched “Love Actually”? This is one of my favorite scenes. ;)

Have a fabulous weekend, everyone! I’m going to move forward with my new posting schedule (that I mentioned in my blogging business update post) starting next week, so you can expect new blog posts on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from here on out. I’ll see you back here on Monday with a weekend recap. Until then, my friends!




from Verdure http://bit.ly/2CDNGAg

Comments